One of the goals of the Southern NH AHEC is to promote health careers to students, with an emphasis on minority and disadvantaged populations. The Southern NH AHEC hosts summer camps for youth interested in nursing and health careers, publishes a health careers catalog in collaboration with the North Country Health Consortium and New Hampshire AHEC at Dartmouth Medical School, and facilitates student placements for pharmacy, medical assisting, physician, and nursing students. Presentations are also offered to students and faculty describing health career opportunities.
- Nursing Quest Summer Camp for students entering or leaving 8 or 9th grade interested in health careers
- Health Careers Catalog features information about medical, dental, community health, and public health careers, including career description, typical salary ranges, and training programs in New Hampshire
- Student Placements are facilitated by Gina Savinelli. If you are a pharmacy, medical, nursing, or medical assisting student interested in placements at Lamprey Health Care in Raymond, Newmarket, or Nashua.
- Health Careers Presentations are delivered by Southern NH AHEC staff on health careers.
- Minority Nursing Student Support Program and the Diverse Nursing Network are programs of the New Hampshire Nursing Diversity Pipeline Project. The Southern NH AHEC works with the NH Office of Minority Health and Refugee Affairs and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Partners in Nursing's Future to help recruit and retain nurses of diverse racial, ethnic, and linguistic backgrounds to nursing careers in New Hampshire to better represent the changing demographic of NH residents. More information about the MNSSP and DNN can be found at www.diversenursingnh.org
For more information please contact Gina Savinelli at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 603-895-1514x4